It’s always great to see individuals take it upon themselves to develop well-rounded opinions of agricultural biotechnology. Former biotech opponent Fourat Janabi (@fouratj) has done just that by not only reaching out to scientists like Kevin Folta (@kevinfolta) in a Q&A we shared last month, but also by interviewing family farmer Brian Scott (@thefarmerslife). His third and final Q&A on the subject is with our own President, Neal Carter!
The Q&As are useful sources of information because they complement each other well. They each provide a different perspective on ag-biotech.
- “The Lowdown on GMOs with a Scientist” covers misinformation about biotechnology, how non-scientists can differentiate between good information and bad and what the scientific community has to say about the safety of biotech crops.
- “The Lowdown on GMOs with a Family Farmer” delves into why farmers are choosing biotech crops, the benefits they offer, and Brian’s firsthand experience working with biotech companies through the use of their products.
- “The Lowdown on GMOs with a Biotech Firm” with Neal Carter is the most extensive interview yet, and covers a wide range of topics including:
- Why we use biotech rather than conventional breeding and the benefits biotech foods like Arctic® apples offer
- The rigorous review process Arctic apples have undergone to demonstrate their safety
- Common misconceptions about our company and Arctic apples and dealing with emotion-motivated backlash
- The future of the biotech industry and what crop enhancements are on the way
- Our experience working with government and the regulatory process, especially as a small company