Change up your hot breakfast routine with this simple and filling recipe! We partnered with Registered Dietitian Cara Harbstreet of Street Smart Nutrition to create this protein and fiber packed way to start your day. Quinoa goes sweet with this flavor combo of cinnamon and Arctic® Granny fresh slices and ApBitz™ dried apple snacks.
PREP TIME 5 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 20 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 2 SERVINGS
- 1/2 cup quinoa uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups lite coconut milk
- 1 10 oz. package of Arctic® Grannys fresh slices
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp apple pie spice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 oz ApBitz™ Grannys chopped
- 1/3 cup pecans halves and pieces
- Core the apple and chop into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- Bring the coconut milk to a simmer in a small saucepan. Add the uncooked quinoa and simmer, uncovered, for about 8 minutes or until the quinoa begins to absorb some of the liquid. Add the chopped apples, cinnamon, apple pie spice, and salt. Stir to combine, then continue simmering another 3 to 4 minutes to allow quinoa to finish cooking. (If using an unpeeled apple, the vibrant green will start to fade).
- Remove from heat and stir in half of the honey. Allow to cool (quinoa mixture will continue to thicken).
- Meanwhile, chop the ApBitz™ dried apples and pecans into small pieces. To serve, divide the quinoa mixture evenly then top with the ApBitz™ apple pieces, pecans, and remaining honey. Serve immediately.
Leftovers may be stored up to four days. To reheat, place in a microwave-safe container and heat in 15-20 second increments to your desired temperature, stirring occasionally for even heating.