What do you get when you cross an Arctic® Golden apple slice with a dog?
A Golden Retriever!
Most of the team here at Okanagan Specialty Fruits are huge dog lovers so we’re always looking for ways to spoil our four-legged best friends. Recently we’ve found that our furry family members enjoy Arctic® apples just as much as the rest of us!
According to PetMD, Apples are a healthy and nutritious snack for dogs to enjoy and here’s a few reasons why:
- High in fibre and can help with your dog’s digestion
- Low in protein and fat for those Fido’s watching their fur line
- Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids are good for their skin and help those fur coats shine
- Vitamin A improves skin and coat health and helps strengthen their immune system
- Okay now you can give a dog a bone – Vitamin C in apples help bones stay healthy
- They’re high in fibre and can help with your dog’s digestion and keep them more “regular” on those morning walks
- They have antioxidants which can help with eyesight and chronic diseases
- Apple slices can help clean residue off your pup’s teeth and leaves them with fresher breath for all those slobbery kisses
Apples should only be given to your pooch without the core or apple seeds as all apple seeds can contain small traces of cyanide which could cause them to become ill if consumed in large quantities. Our Arctic® apple slices make it even easier to share a treat with man’s best friend as they already come sliced with no cores or seeds to worry about.
So, the next time you get the urge to teach an old dog new tricks head to the fridge and grab an Arctic® apple. We’re pawsitive you’ll both love them!