Arctic® apples is holding its second annual Bitz of Summer Contest (the “Contest”). Participants are invited to submit a photo and/or video of their summer adventures featuring them with either Arctic ApBitz® snacks or apples. Entrants must use the Contest hashtag #BitzOfSummerContest and tag the Arctic® apples social media handle to be entered. Submissions may be made on any one of our three main social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Entries can be submitted from July 15th to August 16th, 2019.
At the end of the entry period, Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc.’s (OSF) team will select the three most creative photos and/or videos as finalists. The individual(s) who submit a photo/video selected as a finalist will receive an Arctic® apple prize pack, consisting of Arctic® branded swag. In addition, the three finalists’ entries will be published on our Arctic® Apples blog and will move ahead to the final voting round.
From August 20th to August 27th, 2019, the three finalist photos/videos will compete for the grand prize: A “Golden” Trip. The three entries will be published on our arcticapples.com website where the public will vote on their favorite over one week. The finalist entry with the most votes will be awarded the grand prize. The grand prize winner will be announced on August 28th, 2019.
Grand Prize: A “Golden” Trip
- $1,000 CAD travel voucher (provided by Hagen’s Travel in Summerland, B.C.)
Official Contest Rules
The Contest Period and Prize:
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram starting on July 15, 2019 and ending on August 16, 2019 at 23:59 PDT.
- Prizes: The individual(s) who submitted a photo/video selected as a finalist will receive an Arctic® branded summer prize pack. The grand prize winner of the Contest will receive a travel voucher for $1,000 CAD from Hagen’s Travel. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc.’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, provincial, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the entrant. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent is permitted. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. to use the individual entrant’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
How to Enter:
- The Contest must be entered by posting a photo or video that includes ApBitz™ snacks or apples to Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram with the Contest hashtag, #BitzofSummerContest, and tagging the Arctic® apple social media handle. Photo/video settings of the submission must be set to public. The entry must fulfil all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to these official Contest rules (the “Contest Rules”) or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc.
- A single individual may submit multiple unique photo/video entries.
- This Contest is only open to legal residents of Canada and the U.S. and is void where prohibited by law. Those who are younger than 18 years of age as of the date of entry are not eligible. Employees of Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
How to Win and Claim Prize:
- Finalists will be selected by Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. by determining the most creative and visually appealing submissions. Photos that include Arctic ApBitz® snacks should clearly show the product labeling. The winner will be determined by the most votes received on the arcticapples.com website.
- The individual entrant(s) whose photo and/or video is selected as a finalist will be notified through social media messenger within five (5) days following the August 16, 2019 entry deadline. The individual entrant whose photo and/or video is selected as the winner will be notified through social media messenger on August 28, 2019. Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. shall have no liability for such entrants’ failure to receive notice due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for the entrants’ incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If such entrants cannot be contacted, are ineligible, fail to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate entry submission selected. Receipt by such entrants of the prizes offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, provincial, state, and local laws and regulations.
- ANY VIOLATION OF THESE CONTEST RULES BY THE WINNER OR FINALISTS (AT OKANAGAN SPECIALTY FRUITS INC.’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION, AND ALL PRIVILEGES WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
Release and Exclusion of Liability:
- By entering this Contest, each and every entrant understands and agrees that Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc., anyone acting on behalf of Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc., and Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc.’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, the entrant’s photo/video entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
General Terms and Conditions:
- Agreement to Contest Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Contest Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc.as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
- Terms & Conditions: All entries must be original and may not violate or otherwise infringe on a third party’s copyright, trademark, or privacy rights. In addition, entries may not include false claims or defamatory statements. Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc.’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. may select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Contest Rules. Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, and to void votes for a winner if such votes are made by way of an automated software system like a bot, macro, or script, which causes one person to instantly or automatically submit numerous votes. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry or voting process; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
- Contest Release of Social Media Platforms: By entering this Contest, You expressly release Facebook, Instagram and Twitter from any and all liability which may relate to or arise from Your use or publication of Contest entries. Further, You acknowledge that this Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
- Governing Law and Venue: This Contest is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington, and without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof. By entering this contest, You agree to and consent to the jurisdiction of the state of Washington, and agree that any ligation brought as a result of or arising from this contest shall be conducted in the courts of Chelan County, Washington, or the federal courts for the United States for the Eastern District of Washington.
The Sponsor of the Contest is Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.