We’ve all been there. With the chaos of rushing off to work, school, sports and after school activities it can be hard to find the time to cook a balanced meal, let alone sit down for one. But sometimes it’s nice to have a reminder about the importance of sitting down together at the table and the month of September offers just that with it being National Family Meals Month.
The research is overwhelming and shows that family meals have numerous benefits for everyone who eats together:
- Children and teens who eat more meals with their family are more successful in school;
- Frequent family meals increase self-esteem and positive social behaviors;
- Meals at home tend to be healthier;
- Meals at home are associated with lower Body Mass Index (BMI);
- Meals prepared and eaten at home are more economical.
We invite you to join us and raise your mitt to commit to just one more family meal per week at home. Oven mitt that is…