We’re closing in on 2017 and you know what that means: resolution time. While plenty of people will already have nailed down their resolution choices, we have some ideas that might be a fit for you!
- Fill Half Your Plate with Fruits and Veggies – This isn’t about what you can and can’t eat, it’s just about eating more of the good stuff! Fruits and veggies are full of healthful nutrients, and can help reduce your risk of many diseases including heart disease and some cancers. Check out Fruit and Veggies – More Matters for great recipe ideas!
- Learn something new – Whether it be learning something big like a new language, or keeping it simple with a new recipe, learning is always a good thing! You can build career skills, or find a new hobby that brings you joy! Consider joining a class or group, online or in real life to help build your confidence and ensure you get started.
- Volunteer – Helping others is an awesome thing to do. Organizations worldwide and locally are always looking for people to help, and sometimes need people with special skills and knowledge. I like to volunteer for Agriculture in the Classroom: look for an organization in your state or province if you would like to help out too!
- Cut back on food waste – A third of food gets wasted each year, and a lot of that happens at home. This not only wastes food, but the land and resources that went into producing that food. Back in July we recommend 5 ways to reduce food waste at home that you can work into your daily life. Is this your resolution? Join the FAO Thunderclap and share your resolution online with the hashtag #notwasting.
- Sign up for a race – Races are great because they give you a defined goal including a timeline. Whether you choose to walk a 5K or bike 100 miles, races can help you get active and meet new people. You can even do it to fundraise, like Jenn, our Director of Business Development and Marketing, who rode in the Tour de Fresh last year and fundraised to help put salad bars in schools.
Were any of these resolutions on your list? Do you have anything you would add?