It’s the time of year when even our most creative kitchen ideas can feel tired. To avoid meal plan fatigue, we went on a quest to shake up those end-of-winter meal plans with apples.
From tangy and tart to juicy and sweet, apples can be a cook’s best friend. Here are some of our favorite ways to enjoy apples – just a tad off the usual apple recipe path.
Adding apples to every recipe might be a lofty goal but apples can be a great secret ingredient when you’re looking to amp up your meal plan.
- Smoky Apple Sage Chickpea Veggie Burgers, for their double-duty as breakfast (tip: try swapping Gala for Fuji)
- Apple Cranberry Turkey Meatballs, because meatballs are awesome
- Apple-Bacon-and-Blue-Cheese-Stuffed Pork Chops, for bringing together so much good
It’s a standard pie in many households, but that doesn’t necessarily mean simple. Some of the best creative cooking comes when one takes a tried and true and adds a twist or two.
- Bacon-Makes-Everything-Better Apple Pie, for a celebration of savory and sweet
- Rosemary-Caramel Apple Pie, for its decadent use of rosemary-infused caramel
- Apple Pie Cake with caramel buttercream, for combining PIE and CAKE in one
More Apples Everywhere
Whether it’s a classic go-to coleslaw or beloved family recipe, switching it up by adding apples can bring on a whole new flavor sensation.
- Coleslaw with apple and yogurt dressing, because it would rock a pulled pork stack
- Grilled brie sandwich with apple and onion confit, for the decadence of it
- Roasted apple bread, because we love a fresh loaf
- Seared scallops with bacon, cabbage, and apple, for excellent use of both bacon & apples
We’d love to hear from you. What’s your favorite way to add apples into the menu mix? Comment below or send us an email and we might just add your recipe to our test kitchen list.
From our table to yours, happy apple recipe exploring.