It’s a winter wonderland out there, and we love it! You might be surprised to learn that snow doesn’t mean a break from work in the orchard, but we’re still taking time to make the most of the season!
- Getting outside – Though it’s not a job requirement, OSF employees tend to be outdoorsy types! We’re looking forward to our favorite winter activities from skiing, to ice fishing, to snow shoeing; we love to take advantage of the snow while it’s here!
- Slow cooker recipes – Winter is a busy time, so we love slow cookers because you can set it, and return home to a warm meal ready to enjoy! Our Slow Cooker Pinterest Board is full of ideas and inspiration!
- Setting goals – New Year, new you? While we’re not looking to do a complete 180, goal setting is a key way we ensure we are setting ourselves up for success. One our favorite methods is SMART goal setting, choosing goals that are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time blocked. This helps us decide what we want, how we will get there, and when we expect to complete the task. This is a great activity to get ready for the year ahead, both at work and at home!
- Cookie swaps – This one might be specific to me, but I love holiday baking! While I often bake, the holidays are the only time I do cookies complete with icing and sprinkles. Swapping cookies with friends means I get a better variety of cookies, with out all the dishes! Check out our Cookie Board on Pinterest for great ideas!
- Time with those we love – This winter is going to be a busy one between orchard work and Arctic® Golden test markets! Despite that, we put a premium on making time for friends and family throughout the winter, whether it be holiday meals or outdoor activities, we’re planning to be together.
What do you love about winter? Do you have any goals in mind for the new year?