Share your #BitzOfSummer on social media for a chance to win a trip to the Okanagan Valley!
Looking to add some excitement to your summer? We’ve got just the ticket, and it’s a plane ticket to boot!
Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. (OSF) is launching a fun summer social media contest for its newest product, Arctic ApBitz™ dried apple snacks. The contest asks you to share pictures or videos on social media with you and/or friends enjoying ApBitz™ snacks – any apples, actually – on your summer adventures. Use the hashtag #BitzOfSummer to enter. Done!
How It Works
There will be six chosen finalists who will all win awesome summer prize packs, and the grand prize winner will be determined by your votes. The grand prize: a trip to the beautiful Okanagan Valley in British Columbia, a world-class destination for wine, fruit, and home to OSF.
The grand prize winner also receives the opportunity to dine with Neal Carter, President and Founder of OSF, to learn more about us and our innovative nonbrowning Arctic® apples!
About Arctic ApBitz™
Haven’t heard of our preservative free ApBitz™ dried apples yet? ApBitz™ snacks are made 100% from Arctic® Golden apples – the first Arctic® apple variety that doesn’t brown when bitten, sliced, or bruised – nothing else.
Following their debut to U.S. consumers this March on Amazon.com, Arctic ApBitz™ dried apples quickly became the number one new release in both the snack and dried fruit categories and are receiving rave reviews for their crunch and sweetness.
The contest begins June 29 and runs to August 31. We look forward to your posts and seeing how you are enjoying some #BitzOfSummer!
Here are the official rules and regulations:
The Arctic® brand is holding a series of two mini-contests (one in July and one in August) under the overall theme of #BitzofSummer with #ArcticApples. Consumers submit a photo and/or video featuring them with either Arctic ApBitz™ snacks or apples in general and must use the contest hashtag and tag Arctic® apples social media handle to be entered. Submissions can be made on any one of our three main social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Each month will have a different theme that will guide the submissions. July’s theme will be “summer adventures” highlighting photos or videos of the different cities our followers are traveling to and the most creative places they are enjoying ApBitz™ snacks or apples. August’s theme will be “summer eats” highlighting photo and video submissions of creative apple dishes/recipes/ways to eat apples and ApBitz™ snacks.
At the end of July and August, Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc.’s (“OSF”) will select three of the most creative photos and/or videos and each of the three winners will receive an Arctic® apple prize pack which will consist of Arctic® branded summer swag, and their entry published on our blog. Each monthly winner will be submitted as a finalist for the Grand Prize.
At the beginning of September, the photos/videos from the six “finalists” compete for the Grand Prize: A “Golden” Experience. These finalists’ entries will be published on our arcticapples.com website where the public will vote on their favorite entry over the span of two weeks. The finalist with the most votes will be awarded the Grand Prize.
Grand Prize: A “Golden” Experience
- $1000 travel voucher to Summerland, BC, Canada (provided by Hagen’s Travel in Summerland);
- Two nights accommodation at the Summerland Waterfront Resort Hotel;
- Hosted Arctic® apples themed dinner at a local winery or restaurant; and
- Meeting with Neal Carter, President & Founder of OSF.
Official Contest Rules
The Contest Period and Prize:
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted through Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram starting on July 1st, 2018 and ending on August 31, 2018 at 23:59 PDT. Finalists will be added to the Arctic® apples website (arcticapples.com) on September 4, 2018 and voting will take place until 12:00 PDT on September 17, 2018.
- Prizes: Each of the six finalists will receive one Arctic® branded summer prize pack. The grand prize Winner of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive a travel voucher for $1,000 CAD from Hagen’s Travel, two nights accommodation at the Summerland Waterfront Resort, Arctic® apples themed dinner for two people at a restaurant of OSF’s choice and a meeting with OSF President Neal Carter. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at OSF’s discretion. Meeting with Neal Carter will be subject to his schedule availability and should be determined prior to the “Winner” booking his/her travel dates. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, provincial, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted.
How to Enter:
- The Contest must be entered by posting a photo or video that includes ApBitz™ snacks and/or apples to Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram with the contest hashtag #BitzofSummer and tagging the Arctic® apple social media handle. Photo/video settings of the submission must be set to public and videos can be a maximum of 30 seconds. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of OSF.
- Additional entries will be accepted for each additional unique entry.
- This Contest is only open to legal residents of Canada and the U.S. and is void where prohibited by law. Those who are younger than 18 years of age as of the date of entry are not eligible. Employees of OSF, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state, and local laws and regulations, including without limitation any rules and regulations regarding the Winner’s travel. Void where prohibited.
How to Win and Claim Prize:
- Finalists will be selected by OSF, by determining the most creative and visually appealing submissions, in OSF’s sole discretion. Photos that include Arctic ApBitz™ snacks should clearly show the product labeling. The Grand Prize Winner will be determined by the most votes received on the arcticapples.com website. The Winner will be notified through social media messenger within five (5) days following selection of the Winner. OSF shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, provincial, state, and local laws and regulations.
- ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT OSF’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
General Terms and Conditions:
- Agreement to Contest Rules: By participating in this Contest, the participant (“you”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by the terms and conditions of this Contest, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of OSF as final and binding as it relates to this Contest.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Terms and Conditions: OSF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond OSF’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, OSF may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by OSF. OSF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. OSF has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple votes from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple votes from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for voting. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, OSF reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Consent and Release: By entering this Contest and submitting an entry hereunder, you confirm that you are 18 years or older and you irrevocably and forever giving permission to OSF and its officers, agents, employees, successors, licensees, and assigns (together the “OSF Group”) to take and broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, such entry in the Contest and any part thereof, including without limitation your entry, name, photograph, portrait, picture, video, voice, sound recording, writing, and any other text or image (each an “Entry” and collectively the “Entries”). You will not receive compensation, notice, review or consent, for the use of an Entry or image, likeness, appearance, or voice of you now or in the future. OSF may use and license the Entries containing images, likenesses, appearances and voices of you for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, in any manner or media, including use on social media, in whole or in part, alone or with other entries, and for any purpose without limitation. OSF has the right and may allow others to copy, edit, alter, retouch, revise and otherwise change the Entries at OSF’s discretion. All right, title, and interest in the Entries, including all copyright and other intellectual property rights, belong solely to OSF. You further give permission to OSF to use the names and biographical information of you, to the extent provided as part of the Entry or participation in this Contest, in connection with the Entries. By entering this Contest, you expressly release the OSF Group from any and all liability from their use and publication of the Entries.
- Dispute Resolution: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CANADA AND THE U.S., WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold OSF and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- The Contest is hosted by OSF and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
The Sponsor of the Contest is Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.